Sunday, April 19, 2015

Record April Showers to Bring Record May Flowers?

As much rain as we have had this month, we better see something worthwhile from it. Many locations either have or are approaching 10" for the month.

The ground is so sloppy, as I dug out my evergreen bush, water from the sump pump discharge pipe had left quite a bit of water under the ground ( now I know why there's water trying to get into my basement).

I have to reconstruct another plan, but the rain is starting to fall again. The mud in the hole is like quicksand. Eventually, I will put gravel into a deeper hole and fill with dirt then place landscape rock on top.

Main reason for this extra work is mosquitoes are attracted to the damp ground. I can't open my backdoor without one wanting to sneak inside.

Hoping for a good garden though in May. But, more on that later.

Here are some April numbers.

Louisville NWS 9.64"
Lexington 10.09"
Frankfort 10.01"
Valley Station 10.13" (my home)

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tornadoes on Easter Sunday

This is a worse case scenario. Tornadoes and flooded, blocked roadways making for great difficulties reaching residences affecting hard hit ...